About spiritual ethics

The character of his followers, worshipers, and admirers best speaks of the authenticity of a spiritual teacher. If you really respect your teacher, doctrine or worldview, which you adopted from him, you will never impose it on anyone.

Friday 29 March 2024

Introductory Notes for the Book "Bafomitras’ Grimoire of Arcana"



If you want to buy this book in English (and deck), write to dorijan.nuaj@gmail.com

The theme of this booklet is a special deck of thirty-six cards, each of which contains a specific mystery, has its own magical depth, and is accompanied by an exotic "fauna" of spirits and entities. They are divided into two groups: twenty-six Major Arcana and ten Minor Arcana. However, as I later observed, this structure needs to include a certain number of so-called mute arcana, which are not manifested but are encompassed by the descriptions given in this book. Honestly, I am not entirely sure of the full meaning of these cards or what exactly they represent. They are, for the most part, an expression of my visions and experiences, particularly during an intense period in my youth when I worked with an entity I named Amhazar. There is no particular intent or initiatory developmental story behind the order of the arcana; instead, they are simply numbered as they appeared.

These cards bear no relation to existing or traditional forms of tarot cards but are an expression of a different worldview. They can be understood as a pictorial catalog of magical forces or factors with which I have come into contact, from early childhood, through my student days, up to my middle age, in one way or another. To be more precise, some of the forces represented by the cards reached me through dreams. Some came through my magical teacher, Amhazar. Some of them I encountered when I was under the influence of psychoactive substances. Finally, some appeared suddenly and fatefully, without any prior warning or visible cause, abruptly and completely overwhelming my conscious mind. Regardless of how they reached me, these forces are interconnected. The cards are a list, a graphic-symbolic encyclopedia through which I have attempted to describe and basically interpret the hidden forces that have marked my life and my worldview. However, the purpose of Baphomitras' Grimoire of the Arcana is not exhausted by this occult geography. To make their purpose clearer, we need to shed light on why I named them as I did.

Let's start with the title itself. Baphomitras is the magical name I adopted during the shaping of the cards. This name is difficult to translate into conventional language, but in a deeper sense, I can formulate it as "founded in the Sun." Grimoire of the Arcana refers to the cards themselves and the accompanying book of this unique tarot, which is actually a magical and divinatory manual. In the subtitle of this manual, it reads: Tarot of the Dead Hand. Let me immediately dispel some doubts—the term "dead hand" has nothing to do with necromancy but clearly indicates that the consequences of magical work with these cards are intended to outlive the one who handles them. These consequences are far-reaching and permanent, and therefore one should not approach these arcana lightly. Their essential purpose is not divination or counseling, though they can be used that way, but only very conditionally, which excludes any commercial relationship. I do not recommend using these cards as a traditional tarot for predicting the future for clients in exchange for money. The forces they represent should not be disturbed by the trivialities of everyday life, nor even by more serious dilemmas related to higher aspirations. They respond well to an act of will. Like mindless courtesans, they are willing to mercilessly yield to anyone with a firm rod, but woe to the one who approaches them with stupidity, reservation, or doubt. With the help of the forces these cards relate to, a skilled and dedicated user will be able to create the causes of future consequences, regardless of the nature of those consequences or the motives with which they approach them. I am aware of the contradiction in these notes, but that is intentional.

Through these cards, we make contact with the forces and entities they represent. These forces are neither good nor evil, but they can become so. In a way, the arcana of the Dead Hand are tools of prophecy, but not in the sense of passive vision, rather of active action. With their help, the operator creates what they see, and even beyond that. So, who are these cards intended for? Certainly not for mediocrities or individuals with psychological problems or diagnoses. Also, I would like to thank my collaborator and co-author in this work, Dražen Pekušić, who visually interpreted my ideas, making a significant contribution to their shaping.

The tree of neither life nor death

The above image represents the arrangement of the Major and Minor Arcana in the Tree (neither life nor death) diagram of this unique tarot.